So, I'm sitting on the couch enjoying my Friday afternoon. It was a stressful morning at work and I was glad to have the afternoon to myself. Spencer is almost done with his 2nd to last semester at CSU. We have our ward Christmas Party tonight. I'm getting into the Christmas Spirit. Things are looking great. However, I had this nagging feeling I was supposed to do something. I couldn't remember what...and just hate that feeling. Ugh! All of a sudden...it hit me. I signed up to bring a dessert to the Christmas party tonight. Perfect...I'll just whip up some Christmas Cookies. Easy Peasy, right? I looked through my favorites a decided on Chocolate Crinkles. Everyone will like them and I even have the necessary unsweetened chocolate squares. BRILLIANT!!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Christmas Cookies
And so, I begin my baking adventure. Turns out...not enough sugar. So I call my friend who lives close by "Can I borrow a cup of sugar??" (THANKS NATALIE!!) Come home, open fridge, find only 2 eggs...I need 4. and I would prefer ones that didn't expire a month ago...gross I know but we don't eat eggs around here and I haven't had time to bake... Spencer to the rescue... we go get eggs and more flour (just in case!!) Get home... almost finished... WHAT?!?!?! Can it be?? Yes...we're out of baking powder! Good Grief!!!!! Yet again, Chef Spencer to the rescue. He mixes up some baking powder substitution. Thank you Spencer! And now...the cookies are chilling before I bake them up. I sure hope they turn out well or else....
Posted by Carrie and Spencer at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have unsweetened chocolate but not eggs, sugar or baking powder? Thats too funny.
funny how that works huh??
Post a Comment