Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Lovely Month of May....????

Ok...so SERIOUSLY...where in the world did the month of May go?? Oooh...pick me pick me!!! I know!!!! No really...I know!!!

2 trips to Utah
New Calling
253 invitations in 2 weekends
and LOTS of RAIN!!!!!

The very first weekend of May mom and I went to Utah to celebrate the marriage of one of my best friends Debra Robbins to Kellen DeAlba. It was a wonderful weekend...and the reception was absolutely B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!! I've known Deb since I was like 4...her Mom was my primary teacher when we were in Colorado Springs the first time around.....


Then...two weeks later Spencer had finished Spring Semester of school...so we decided to take a trip to Utah..

On Friday, his cousin Sparky (real name....ummmm...Dave? I think!) was getting married to Holly...a girl from his mission. It was great to finally meet Sparky and spend time with that side of the family. The TULIPS were in full bloom and absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Its obvious there are no deer on Temple Square... :-D


Then on Saturday, 2nd ward friend Matt Nimer got married. It was great to see them and be able to get to see the entire Nimer Family again...That hasn't happened since Natalie got married in 2007. I also got to see my best friend from high school Brad Carr's sister Cory and her family. Cory was a senior my freshman year and was an absolutely wonderful friend. She has 2 kids now...Addi is 2 and Cade is 6 months old. Addi was adorable...and flirting with Spencer across the table....pretty sure she was trying to compete! ;-) Good thing we get married in 33 days!!


So I love being in a family ward. I have a calling!! I'm the lead nursery leader for the junior nursery. I've got the kids 18 months and older. Those born in 2007 and 2008. They are a blast and so much fun. We have a great time every Sunday!! LOVE IT!!




Also...the last two weekends of May were spent in Colorado Springs making wedding invitations with my Mom. We had a wonderful time and are both glad its over and done!!

So...that's May in a nutshell. It was seriously a busy month!! So far June is just as busy..... been having fun and getting ready for a wedding. Who knows....maybe I'll update again sooner. But don't hold your breath!!

0 comments: