Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another Month Gone By...

Ok...seriously....its October.... Things have been going well here in Northern Colorado. Its been cool the last few days (some might even consider it cold!!) I don't buy it... I am enjoying the fall like weather and the changing colors. :-) 2 or so weeks ago I went to Colorado Springs for my best friend's wedding.... Congrats Dana and Family!!



School is going well... I have a test this Friday so need to get busy studying this week. I'm starting to realize just how much my two D's in Physiology at CSU are REALLY due to me not being able to understand the concepts. I have to tell you....I don't expect a lot out of those in my class but I do think you should be able to look at a picture and know which bones you're looking at on the skeleton. I mean, seriously.... Pretty Girl can do that! (granted all my nieces and nephews are brilliant kids). Oh, I realize I have more experience than most of the people in my class but I have a hard time not getting frustrated with my classmates when they can't name the basic bones in the skeleton, let alone all the bones in your skull. YIKES!!

Aaron and his girlfriend of almost 5 months, Megan, came up last night. We played games, ate pizza, and the boys played Tiger Woods golf. It was a fun date night... Thanks guys! (even tho neither of you read my blog)

Work is....well, busy as usual. It's not that any one job is extremely difficult...but... running a business, watching 3 boys, training high school rugby games, and additional babysitting jobs...keeps a girl busy. Especially when you're sick... :-(

Rugby is currently the easiest job. I've been hired by the Fort Collins Youth Rugby Club to train their home games. Usually about 4 a season. I trained the boys in the Spring and am currently training the girls. They had a game yesterday....pretty easy, mostly because girls injuries aren't as intense or bloody as the boys can be. I have been asked to train the state qualifying day on October 31st.... :-) Fun fun fun!!!


Have you ever heard of Zumba?
See full size image
I blogged about it a while ago but thought I'd give another shout out. It's become my newest workout and its a total BLAST!!! Friday night I went to the first (hopefully annual) Zumba Jam. FOUR HOURS of dancing!! And being the girl who likes a challenge I wanted to do all 4 hours. And was successful except the 2 songs (water break and to get some cool air). It was soooooo much fun. And for a great cause... the proceeds were divided between Livestrong and the Cure. Check out gwendahansen.com for photos... Especially photos 9, 10, 14, 28, 29, 31, 32, and 34. And if anyone wants to come with me to a Zumba class let me know... or if you want to join in the awesome-ness that was the Zumba Jam...let me know and I'll let you know when it's going to happen again.

So thats the update for the month of September. Who knows what this next month will bring... Love to you all!!

1 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

Yeah. I agree. Totally bugs me when people can't rattle off all the names of the bones in the skull.