Monday, February 18, 2008

If you don't like the weather...wait 5 minutes

Something I've learned from living in Colorado is the weather is VERY unpredictable! Take today for example. Woke up and went outside, about 9am. Its nice and sunny. Probably about 45 degrees but compared to the previous 20 degree day I think its gorgeous. So, I get in the car and drive to school. Takes me MAYBE 7 minutes and getting out of the car at CSU its sunny but windy. And has probably dropped 10 degrees with windchill. so, cold and wind blown, I walk to class. Within the 5 minutes it's taken me to get to the library, the sun has completely disappeared behind clouds. An hour later, I come out for class and its partially sunny with lots of wind. Between Economics and Nutrition its sunny and basically no wind. After nutrition, its cold, and flakes of snow. I look outside now and its back to being sunny and nice out. Go figure right?

Just an examlpe of how life is here in Colorado. Sure, its not Camelot but you can't learn in the perfect world of Camelot. Otherwise, to me, it would not be perfect.

2 comments:

Rockholme Lodge said...

Holly - in case you read this blog, be assured that Fort Collins is NOT Camelot. It's in the same state, but it's not the same place!! Our weather is always perfect. It only rains when you want it to. It's never windy. It only snows when you want things to be pretty.

Carrie and Spencer said...

thanks dad....holly, he has a point! its VERY true