Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day Weekend Part 1

Below is the Wire-Flyer that had taken over Spencers life! Below is the story of how it came to be...from my point of view.


Spencer has spent the past month or so working on his sophomore design project with two other guys from his MECH 202 class. Saturday was the competition day. These pictures were taken somewhere between 11pm Friday night and 4am Saturday morning. I hung out for a while but finally decided to get some sleep as I babysat at 8am Saturday.
An explosion of parts. I don't know where to even begin to look or understand whats going on. Or what goes where!!
The project was some wire-flyer. You'll have to ask Spencer for the details and exactly what they had to do. I know nothing more than they used steel rods, two drills, screws, wheels, and zip ties. Below is a test run with one drill, the attached wheel, and the cable.

The test runs went well, I thought. Below would be the "wire flyer". Personally it looks like a VERY unhappy porcupine!! :-D Before the competition the did cut off some of the zip tie ends

Spencer and his parter Evan attaching the contraption to the wire for a test run...

Posted by Picasa
You'd have to ask Spencer to know how they did. As I said before I babysat Saturday morning so didn't get to go to the actual competition.

0 comments: