Thursday, August 14, 2008

Northern California!!!

San Fransisco Bay



So, Spencer gave a pretty good update on his blog about our trip to San Jose and San Fransisco to see his family. I have to admit I was pretty suprised when he asked if we could go up there last friday around lunch time. I'd been pestering him all week to call Aunt Karen and set something. I'd honestly given up on the whole idea when he decided to call her. Amazing what happens when I just leave it alone. I'll have to remember that one.....





Gorgeus, huh??


Anyways, I had a BLAST up north and definately enjoyed it a WHOLE lot more than either of
us thought I would! Its absolutely gorgeous and the weather was much more bearable than LA.



These are Spencer's cousins, and my soon to be cousins. From left/bottom to right/top are Annie (5), Kennion (8), and Mark (11). I made it my goal of Saturday to make Kennion smile for a picture. And guess what...I was successful!! Well...sorta. Mark had to tickle it out of him and I had to have some QUICK fingers . But it worked!!




So for 3 years I've heard about Grandma Curtis' applesauce cookies. But...in those three years no one has thought to make them for me. Well...thanks to my new wonderful Aunt Karen, I had my first experience with those infamous cookies. As shown here...the batter was delicious. And the cookies were quite amazing.

What else is there to do in San Fransisco other than drive around for what feels like HOURS looking for a parking spot? One word...

Yup...thats right! We ended up ordering 4 desserts and sharing them between the 7 of us. We got the very berry sundae, the peanut butter hot fudge sundae, the hot fudge sundae, and the cookie bottom sundae!! Talk about delicious!! I meant to get a picture of them before we dug in with spoons in hand...but got distracted. Whoops!

Mark and Kennion and Aunt Karen and Annie

Uncle Gary and Spencer

As you can tell...we enjoyed them completely. It was pretty fantastic!!

3 comments:

Rockholme Lodge said...

Care Bear - Glad you enjoyed the Bay Area. The western side is really very pretty, and yes the weather is better than LA for 8 months of the year. I could show you some areas that are absolutely stunning they are so pretty. It is also very expensive, as crowded as LA, and there are fewer routes for getting around the traffic. I give it an A for visiting, something less for living.

Carrie and Spencer said...

I agree. I'm still thinking Seattle or the OR coast would be wonderful But lets get me through school first!

Liz said...

It was good seeing you too! Sorry we didn't have more time to chat and catch up. :)

I'm commenting on this post instead of your most recent because I have to say:

1. YES the Bay Area is the best! I'm from San Jose and constantly miss it.

2. All of your desserts look and sound amazing. Mmmmm.

Congrats again!