Spencer graduates in May and is applying for jobs. It's been a rough 2 years for him because even when applying to places like McDonalds he would never hear back. We were really worried about him graduating and not getting an offer. About a month ago Spencer started hearing from companies. (Like 3+ in a day!!). My mom remembered that at about the same time she had put his name on the prayer rolls at the temples. What a wonderful blessing. Fast forward a month to this week. Spencer has an interview today that we hope turns into a job offer. I called the temple yesterday and put his name on the prayer roll. Guess what....he has another 2 interviews with different companies this week.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Blessings of the Temple
There is a lot to be said for the faith of the church members, especially those that attend the temple. I am truly blessed to have the gospel in my life. We are blessed to be part of an eternal family and have such an amazing support system!! In other news, my G'pa passed away last night. He has been sick for a few years and completely deaf for over a decade(I think). We all knew it was coming and I know he is happy and in a much better place. My favorite memory of G'pa is playing Skip-Bo with him and Grandma when I was 6. I would "accidentally" drop all my cards on the floor so I could stack the deck. They knew what I was doing...but just went along with it. (Funny thing is...it drives me NUTS when little kids don't play by the rules...hmmmmm....) G'pa just turned 96 at the beginning of February. I hope he is enjoying being pain free and listening to all the wonderful sounds that he couldn't hear for years. Spencer and I are planning a trip to UT for Spring Break and I'm sad I didn't get to see him one last time. I AM excited to see my Grandma. She's my FAVORITE!!
I will keep you updated as we learn more about the outcomes of the interviews this week. Keep your fingers crossed and a prayer in your hearts! (PLEASE!)
Posted by Carrie and Spencer at 1:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is great news for Spencer. Sorry about your grandpa! Let us know! He is awesome. I am sure something great will come up!
That is great! Hope he gets enough offers to get to 'choose' his job and not just accept one. Doing what is right does have it's blessings! Proud of you both!
Post a Comment