This was our first Easter as a married couple. We had a wonderful time teaching our brilliant Primary class...and came home to a dinner of homemade pizza and jammies! Honestly...It was pretty fantastic!! It won't be too long before the "EB" will be making his rounds again so it was nice to enjoy the spirit and be able to reflect on the Savior and his love for us.
And this...is my Easter Skirt!!! Let me tell you a story about this skirt... It all started back in 2008 when I bought pretty material and a pattern to make an Easter skirt. Guess what...the material stayed in one piece and the pattern had the same fate. Fast forward 3 years...yes 3 years... and guess what...this skirt still almost didn't happen. My dear friend Tabi is getting married in June and I'm going to use the same pattern for my outfit, so I needed a trial run. I followed the pattern and as you will see in the picture at the bottom...it was WAY too big!!! (Side note: Mom and I had the same problem with a different pattern back in 2007. I was a bridesmaid and the dress ended up SWIMMING on me...sheesh!) Ok, so I took the skirt in with help from Mom and Sister back in March. Perfect...skirt completed. NOT! I spent Sunday constantly pulling my skirt back up...and so it sits on my sewing table waiting for more mending.


All I can say, is I hope the skirt for the wedding turns out better. Guess I should get to work on that one huh??
0 comments:
Post a Comment