Oh good grief...where did June come from??? I was babysitting an 8 yr old girl over the weekend and she was bragging how her September birthday was just 3 months away. My response? "Well guess what kiddo...mine is less than 2 months away." I felt pretty smug until I realized that meant the year was almost half over.
Spencer and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary a little over 2 weeks ago. We went to Denver and were able to perform sealings for the dead. What a cool experience!! We planned our time there perfectly because my best friend Missy was getting sealed that day. We knew there would be LOTS of people in her sealing and we didn't want to get in the way, but as we were leaving the timing couldn't have been better! Everyone for Missy's sealing was in the front entryway. It was similar to what I think heaven will be like. Everyone is family and everyone is excited to see you!
For those who don't know my history with Missy...here's the sparknotes version. Missy and I met when we were 11. My family had just moved back to CO and we were in the same ward. We grew up as close friends. I adopted her parents as my second (or third or tenth) set of parents. I was great friends with Missy and her two sisters. They're my adopted family. (You'll notice I have a lot of those!! Who doesn't want a HUGE family?!?)
Anyways, back to the temple... Well, Spencer and I were able to spend time with Missy and family. Here we are below with Natalie, Missy, Me, and Megan just two weeks ago.
And here we are in September 2007 at Natalie's wedding.
See, don't I fit in perfectly?? :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment