We had the privilege of attending the sealing of our good friends Tabi and James this last Saturday in the Denver Colorado Temple. For those who don't know about our temples, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have the opportunity to prove ourselves worthy (to our Bishop, Stake President, the Lord, and ourselves) to attend the Temple. (Click here) It's a special privilege and honor. And it really helps me put things into perspective. It was wonderful to sit there between my Mom and my Husband and listen to the sealing of James and Tabi. As members we believe that Families are Forever, none of this "Til death do us part" junk. When we are sealed in the temple...we're stuck with each other for ETERNITY!!! That sure can seem like a long time some days but in the end...it's worth it!!
On our way back north on Saturday, Spencer and I were discussing life. I told Spencer, Life is an uphill battle...and it doesn't get easier until you're dead. It's like when you're out running. As you struggle through the last bit of a hill...BAM...there's another one. Spencer kindly pointed out that sometimes, there is a bit of a plateau, but only right before another hill. And just like in running (atleast in Colorado), you think you know whats coming next but you're not always correct. My mom has told me "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans for your life." I'm a planner...and as much as I try to plan what our future's going to look like...there are too many "what ifs" to have a sure plan.
As we're discussing possible options for the future Spencer asked, What if I get an offer in Lexington KY? YIKES...I've never been a Live in the South kind of girl. But...I'm not going to keep Spencer from furthering his career and doing what he loves. We'll be a family...no matter where we are. (Side note: We'll be in CO for another 2 years...then possibly stay here...or possibly move...WHO KNOWS!!) This is why I love our church doctrine. It's ok to not know where we're going...as long as we're family.
Ok, enough jabbering on. Here are a few pictures from the wedding. Congrats Tabi and James!
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
An Eternal Perspective
Posted by Carrie and Spencer at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good post! Lovely wedding!
cute color scheme. what happened to the skirt you were making? (love your dress though)
Post a Comment