Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now maybe it's just me...but all the years we had people over for Thanksgiving I don't remember us being the ones to make the pies. Well, in Spencer's family making pies is probably the biggest to-do during the Holidays. Here we are helping Dad make pumpkin pie. (Which was FANTASTIC but also my favorite type of pie). We also made an apple pie but I was too busy cutting apples to take pictures.

Shep was NOT too happy about being told to stay in the living room while the pies were being baked in the kitchen. I'm not sure how his parents do it, but Shep manages to stay put for a while. Much better than at home. I'm pretty sure he puts on his show of extra good behavior just for the Curtis family...

So, while my parents along with Chris and family played on the "dreadful and dismal" beaches of HAWAII I spent the holiday with Spencer's family. Grandma and Francis Lawlor ate dinner with us as well. It was definately an new experience for me, but one I'm going to get used to.

Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful! Thanks again to Mom and Dad Curtis for taking in Shep, Grandma, Francis, and Me for the day!

P.S. The dreadful and dismal part comes from my Dad. Everytime I'd talk to them while they were in Hawaii Dad would comment on how horrible it was there and how I should be glad I was in Colorado. YEAH RIGHT! I know better then that! ;-)

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rockholme Lodge said...

Hawaii was simply terrible, dreadful and awful..............Imagine having to eat turkey while watching the sun set over the rolling surf! Take heart....there was a brief moment while chewing on a bite of dark meat that I thought of you.