Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Special Baby

Meet Cadence. This is my first cousin once removed. (I looked that up... she's my cousin's daughter). She was born a the beginning of June. This picture was taken in the hospital so is over a month old. :-) My cousins adopted this adorable little girl and I can't wait until Spencer and I can take a trip to Idaho for a visit.
When I found out my cousins were having a girl I had no doubt in my mind I would make her an outfit. Spencer picked out the material because I knew he would choose a good pattern and I was too indecisive. Notice the crocheted bead socks to the left of the outfit?? Those are her Wisconsin socks. Yes...her Mom and Dad are Wisconsin Fans! Smart of me huh?
I learned a lot from this project. This was the first time I've ever sewn sleeves or put a zipper in on my own. I've always had Mom to help. I had a hard time giving it away because it's so cute! Spencer pointed out I can always make another one...TRUE!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bellatrix and Narcissa said...

And I just love it!! Thanks so much! And thanks for the post :) We can't wait to have you!

Carrie and Spencer said...

Glad you like it Elise!! Can't wait to meet that adorable little girl!!!

Mutti said...

How very darling! Good work!

Twinlinebackers said...

Don't doubt yourself Carrie. I am sure any pattern you picked would have turned out darling. You did a fantastic job. I love the green and pink matching ribbon. It's darling.