One of my requests was to attend a session in the Winter Quarters Temple. It was absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful addition to a very special trip.

Mormon Handcart Pioneer Memorial. The pioneers crossed the plains and stopped in what is now Winter Quarters to outlast the winter storms. Thousands of pioneers stopped here on their way to the Great Salt Lake Valley. The spirit you feel here is so special, especially when you think about the trials they went through just to make it to Utah. They were amazing people and great role models.
I have a goal for Spencer and I to attend at least one session in as many temples as possible before we die. All around the world there are currently 133 temples, 7 being built, and another 12 announced to start construction soon. That's a lot and a very lofty goal, but I believe we will make great progress on our goal throughout our lifetime.
I love the temple and the blessings it brings to our lives. Families are Forever!
0 comments:
Post a Comment