Friday, December 11, 2009

The Best Lessons in Life…

Are Learned from Children!! I know, most of you with children of your own, have realized this long ago. However, this kids here in FoCo that I baby-sit teach my new things all the time!! Here are some things I've recently learned:

...I've learned that there is no private place. I've come to enjoy being in my own apartment where I can go to the bathroom on my own (except when Shep comes to visit). But I've learned that with kids...even in the loo...if they have a question the door seems to fly open.

... I've learned that children don't know how to hold a grudge. Oh how I wish people could figure out how to retain this attribute. Unfortunately, it seems about the age of 7...kids just don't forget as easily.

...I've been reminded just how much flexiblity I've lost over the years (and I'm not that old)

...I learned that sometimes asking Mom won't get you the answer you were hoping for.

This last one deserves the story of how I learned it. I was visiting M&D back around the beginning of November and Buffy and family came over for a visit and went to dinner with us. I'm in love with her baby and would willingly take Molly home with me. As we were leaving the restaurant, I asked Ryan (who is 5) if I could take Molly back to FoCo with me. He told me I'd have to ask his mom. (Smart kiddo!!) So I ask Buffy and she says yes. Ryan quickly responded with..."hey...you can't take my sister..." I laughed any enjoyed the fact that Ryan learned he wasn't safe relying on his mom to keep his sister around. Moms…full of surprises!!

1 comments:

Buffy said...

yep, kids will teach you lots of things. Like how sometimes it really would be ok if someone else (responsible of course) took them away for awhile.