Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Craziness that is Black Friday

Yes...I am the same Carrie who 5 years ago would've told you I HATE SHOPPING!!! Unlike most teenage girls, I was much like my mom. Stupid stores turn around on me, costs too much money, and on and on and on. I especially hated shopping for clothes (still not my favorite thing). You don't nee to try on pj pants and sweatshirts. :-) Since meeting Spencer I have been introduced to the wonders of shopping..and now I'm kinda hooked. Some of you will remember my blog from last year about my first time venturing out into the world that is Black Friday shopping. As you can tell from the photo this year, I was WAY more excited than a year ago.

We started out at 430am, game plan in hand and headed to the car. We started at Target (to get Dad's bday gift...we thought). Last year the Target we went to wasn't busy at all so we figured it would be the same...no such luck. We got there 445am (15 mins before the store opened) and there was atleast a 1/4 mile line of people waiting. YIKES!!! Sorry Dad...they were out of your gift... too many people wanted big and expensive I guess :-)

Next we headed to Kohls...in and out...love it!! Got Chris' christmas gift, Mom's bday gift (which isn't til March...I'm ahead of the game!!), and some other stuffs.

I went into a Burlington Coat Factory for the first time since I was 16... $10.34 later and I have a new pair of boots with fur. :-) WARM!!!

Then came what I was most excited for. Mom and Channing will be proud... Flannel was $1.49/yard SWEET DEAL!!! Spencer and I walk into Joanns at 834am, get a couple bolts of fabric to get cut and go take a number. D21...they were on B4... uhoh... so we keep shopping. Okay, so I keep shopping. By the time all was said and done, something like 15 bolts of fabric, a cutting board set, 6 blankets, and a crochet hook had found their way into my basket. How in the world did that happen?? We continued to stand around and socialize with the people in the store. My basket (top right of the picture below) was small potatos compared to some of the baskets I saw. Ladies had flannel piled higher than they could see (over 6 feet tall). One lady had 2 baskets that full...so I had to ask her what in the world she was doing with all that flannel...because she wasn't just getting a yard here and there...she was buying the entire bolt. She simply responded that she makes her family gifts (blankets, jammies, etc) WOW!!! Anyways, 5 hrs later Spencer and I walked out of Joanns. I spent $106...saved $213. Good deal? I'd say so.

Now some may be asking what I'm planning to do with my stash...well, I will tell you. PJ pants for Spencer and me and baby blankets. Check back with me in January to see how its coming...



And so...that was my Black Friday... will I go out again next year? Most Likely...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

That's quite a stash! Have fun!

Mutti said...

How fun! That's my girl!