Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome to Phoenix

Mom and I left bright and early Tuesday morning (the 15th) and hit the road for a very long drive!!! Being the brilliant person I am, I thought to myself...lets leave Colorado Springs and drive straight through to Phoenix. Ignoring the wisdom of my mother and father....(I'm a kid...its in my job description right??)...I figured it wouldn't be that bad. After something like 14 hours on the road, almost hitting a few elk, and 60 miles of black ice (anyone else know AZ gets to 7000 feet in elevation? Yeah...me neither!!) Mom and I arrived in the welcoming arms of the Burgoynes. Family friends we've known for over 22 years. From Left to Right: Top: Big Eric, Becca, baby Emery (new grandbaby). Bottom: Sally (the prettiest songbird I know), Jill (new daughter in law), Peter, Little Eric (Emery's dad) and Grandma.

Those who know me, know I was super excited to get to meet baby Emery. She is soooooooo adorable!!! Love it!!!



While in AZ I met the two Burgoyne cows (Bahama (pictured below) and Jamba), picked fresh oranges and grapefruits, ate each meal in the french cafe in the kitchen, and met some chickens. Who knew? :-) I got seriously spolied with fresh oranges whenever I wanted them and am sure missing that fresh citrus!!!! Thanks Becca for picking oranges for me!!


And a trip with mom wouldn't be complete without a project. :-) Oh no...not one of the many projects Mom and I brought with us on the trip. But one that Ellen wanted to complete for her star baby...and what would be better than a Star Baby Bunting. Mom and Ellen took the picture and created a pattern from a picture. Told you my mom was AMAZING, huh? Enjoy the pictures below and their success!! Too cute!!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

That's darling. I've seen those before. I love it! Smart Ellen to put you gals to work. It didn't occur to me to make her work while she was visiting me!