Sunday, December 6, 2009

My new found hobby

My mom is an amazing crocheter (is that even a word?? who knows) Give her a few skeins of yarn (ok, more like 7 skeins) and I swear in a day she can have the most gorgeous afghan you have EVER seen!!!! Since before I can remember, I've always wanted to be just like my mom. A couple years ago I made afghans for my mom, sister, and sister in law. It took FOREVER and I swore I would never crochet again. I have a very short attention span, and way too many other things going on in my life to take the time to crochet. I'd all but given up until April when Mom came up for Easter. She inspired me to crochet again. In May we went to Utah for a friend's wedding and I worked on an afghan for my friend who is graduating from BYU this year. (unfortunately I shipped it off without so much as a glance and forgot to take a picture. I'll try to get her to email me one...) I was sooooo glad to have it finally done. I finished off the 2nd to last skein about 4 months ago and never got around to buying the last skein. I finally got around to it. YEA...one more thing off my "to-do" pile.

So, Spencer and I started talking and I realized my best friend here in Ft Collins is graduating from CSU this month. hmmmmm...my first thought...an afghan... hmmmmm...lets rethink that. My friend is always cold, so that will keep her warm. right?? True...but so will a hat. BRILLIANT!! And so...I have given up on the idea of afghans. Too much time and patience, and have taken up crocheting hats. I found a pattern online I liked and then tried one my sister in law does as well and I love it!!!! And so....I have a new hobby...

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Leslie said...

so cute Carrie! I love them!

Twinlinebackers said...

Those are darling CareBear! Nice job! I like little crochet projects too.

Megan said...

An afghan!! Aw, how sweet! I'll bet your friend that's graduating will be so excited to get it! :) Especially since she's currently freezing and staring at about a foot of snow out her apartment window... :) You're so good to me! Love ya! P.S. I'll email you a picture of it when I get it!

Holly said...

cute hats, carrie! glad you like the pattern!

Jenn G. said...

So cute! How do you find time to do that and school?!